You're here because you want no-BS, you want it simplified and you don't want to waste time and money.
And that's what you'll get.
I create a realistic plan based on YOUR needs. A Functional Nutrition approach vs. a generic approach is not only smarter, but safer.
Functional Nutrition is a systems-based approach (whole body). We build a trusting relationship because we spend time talking about you so I can see the whole picture.
That's how I help you achieve your goals.
Functional Nutrition/Medicine takes the best from both conventional medicine and alternative medicine. Its been called "Wisdom-Based and Evidence-Based Medicine" (Matthews, 2012) by Dr. Matthews, a Professor at the University of Oxford and a NIHR Senior Researcher.
Functional Nutrition/Medicine builds its knowledge-base from research, experts, clinicians and patients. Meaning, it just doesn't look at one aspect. It combines several sources to make informed decisions rather than follow mechanical rules.
You have your own individual biochemical variability. No two people are alike. So your personalized nutrition plan is developed from evaluating your:
- diet and supplements
- lifestyle (past and present)
- complaints you have (signs and symptoms)
Pretty genius isn't it?
So I don't just look at your symptoms, I look for the cause of what's bothering you and help you restore balance using interventions that are natural and less invasive whenever possible.
Here is what a full consult looks like:
- You and I will chat about about what is bothering you. What solution are you looking for?
- We'll go over your health history questionnaire and food intake form.
- If you have labs, I will go over them in fine detail.
- You'll get an individualized nutrition and supplementation programs based on YOU (no cookie cutter programs).
- Programs are designed with your limitations or obstacles in mind.
- Programs are realistic, attainable and with your dietary preference.
- Follow-up consultations to go over your progress and make any necessary adjustments.
Here's an example - lab work:
This is a figure taken from Genova Diagnostics Urinary Organic Acids profile guide. It shows what I look for if I suspected you had a bacteria, yeast or fungi overgrowth in your intestines. It's called a clue. And it's a very powerful tool because it's YOUR sample. Combining your symptoms, signs and lab reports leads you to a very specific outcome and positive impact on your health.
On the fence? Contact me for a free 15 minute consult to see if we're a good fit.